You don't have to manually activate the sleep mode on your Smart Activity Tracker AM 1700/1703/1704. Between 8 pm and 9 am the tracker will recognise automatically if you are sleeping. That doesn't mean that you can never sleep in - for the tracking of your sleep, your sleep only has to START during this time frame. If you start sleeping between 9 am and 8 pm your sleep cannot be tracked.
Articles in this section
- My tracked data doesn’t seem to be 100% correct
- What data does the Smart Activity Tracker AM 1700/1703/1704 measure?
- How can I view the individual activity, pulse and sleep data of the Smart Activity Tracker AM 1700/1703/1704 in the FITvigo app?
- What do the trend curves and bars in the graph (diagram) show?
- How is the covered distance calculated if I do not enter a stride length in the FITvigo app?
- How do I measure my pulse?
- Why can't I see the pulse value, which I just manually measured on the tracker, in my FITvigo app?
- How can I activate the sleep mode on my Smart Activity Tracker AM 1700/1703/1704?
- I have done a midday nap - why don't I see it in the FITvigo app?